Image Map

Pages

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Autumn Under Construction

Summer has been full of construction education in our neck of the woods!
Babe-O has never been so interested in construction and construction equipment before. (His fourth birthday cake was a delicious chocolaty construction site. I used a decorating pack like this one to make the cake below.) Anise is also fascinated with the big machines. We have never known so much about various construction vehicles before. I feel privileged to now be able to name most vehicles we encounter on daily trips in the car! (Thanks to Babe-O and Mighty Machines videos).  We spent a considerable amount of time this summer camped out by construction sites to watch the action.


As summer construction slows down, we decided to do some construction of our own.
 Step 1: Rake up a few leaves.
 Step 2: Gather up a few mighty machines!
 Step 3: Construct away!
Simple, fun, helpful even (at least motivation for getting the raking started) and definitely a BEST THING!

Here are a few of our favorite construction resources (and a few that we dream about):



p.s. I am not ignoring the fact that I have been M.I.A. A post is soon to come on The Top Five Reasons Excuses for My Absence. But if I start there I'll never start blogging again. So I chose to start with a few shorter posts to get myself going while I work on my re-entry piece. Hope you'll understand and re-join me on this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment